1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Has anyone achieved the claimed 35km/19mi range on a Bamboo GT?

Discussion in 'Bamboo GT' started by RiGo, Feb 28, 2017.

More threads by RiGo
  1. goodblake-eskate

goodblake-eskate Member

Blake
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT, Bamboo GT, One Wheel, Other Electric Skateboard
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    175mm
    Map
    The original remotes would start in whatever mode you left it in when you turned it off last. So I always ride in GT and my remote on my Carbon(old firmware) always starts up in GT mode. However, my bamboo has the newer remote which always starts in ECO. Also the newer remotes will auto shift you to ECO if your battery sags to a certain level like 30% - 40% which this battery sag happens when pushing the board aka going up hills.

2. 0raa

0raa Member

Aaro
    Map
    Got my board today with 97mm's. Managed to get only 11km on my first ride on ECO and 1 time small hill on fast. And the battery was flashing red 0%. Very dissapointed. Wheres my 35Km or even 20Km. It was +5 celcius and I weight 100Kg. Most on flat asphalt and it was little windy but I rode both tailwind and headwind equally so I guess it balances out?

3. Zerofuhks

Zerofuhks Member

Chris
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    I got about 22km up a hill both ways (not sure the grade my guess 15% or so) yesterday in about +12 Celsius on my 97mm's and i weight roughly 85Kg. Were you holding the trigger all the way down in ECO? i read somewhere that will still draw a lot from the battery. I ride mostly in FAST mode and light on the trigger which seems to work well. You are also right at the recommended weight limit which will impact your range as well. +5 Celsius may also be too cold. The battery drains faster in the cold. My guess is anything less than +10 Celsius or maybe even +15 Celsius will impact range. Did you fully charge before your ride? Might want to leave it on the charger overnight a couple of times to balance all the cells.

4. dronus

dronus Member

Dronus
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    Definately give the board a full charge before using.

5. 0raa

0raa Member

Aaro
    Map
    It was at 100%? My next ride got 11km again. Only on eco, no stops, flat asphalt.

6. Zerofuhks

Zerofuhks Member

Chris
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Is the board dead after 11km? What's your battery percentage at 11km under no load? Try FAST mode and try not to go over 75% throttle unless you need to.

7. Dezerter

Dezerter Member

Greg stankiewicz
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Went for a ride today on carbon gt 97mm. Mostly flat terrain full charge and i did 40km before the board died completely. First 36 in fast mode last 4 in eco.

8. BukshakalakaMutha

BukshakalakaMutha Member

Jimmy James
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Shame your stomach is not flat like the asphalt. Don't blame the board because you are riding it at it's MAX weight limit. Surely everytime you eat double cheesburgers and jumbo sodas you know that you are going to flatten your board out like a pancake.
    Seriously, you really should not even expect 40%of the max possible distance. You are riding it in freezing conditions 5 degrees plus the windchill when it is moving and you are fat. Just be happy it moves at all and allows you to leave the house now you found a way without having to walk. Just please do not dress like a skater because fat people on electric skateboards do not look as cool as you think you do.

9. BukshakalakaMutha

BukshakalakaMutha Member

Jimmy James
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Hes riding it at max weight with minimum temperature and obviously too fat to push for a rolling start so I don't think it's going to matter what gear he is in. He is going to have a hard time no matter. Dude needs a motorbike engine powering his board

Before anyone moans at me for not being PC sensitive, BUKSHUKALAKAMUTHAFUKA! (could give a fuk)

Please do not think this is a personal attack as it is just being honest without sugar coating the words. Non PC is not being abusive or insulting, it is just not being gay

10. Jer

Jer Member

JR
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    It's a shame your brain hasn't developed as quickly as your finger's ability to type. Don't flame a random stranger over the internet because you're too insecure to act all big and tough in person. Surely every time you feel all high and mighty over the internet you know that in reality all you did was imitate the behavior of an elementary school bully through a forum interface. Seriously you've never experienced the real world if you think 5 degrees is freezing and that calling someone fat is a good way to defend a product. Just please throw your laptop/desktop out a window because assholes on the internet do not look as cool as you think you do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Veteran

Veteran Member

Gies Debets
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    Map
    Thanks Jer, I couldn’t have written it any better.
    I was working on a response but English not being my mother tongue I was struggling to find the right words.
    And why is Bukshakalakamutha from Mosman (NSW) hiding his profile? [​IMG]

12. Alex

Alex Admin

Alex Jermstad
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    Don't try and qualify your insults by saying they're not personal attacks and that you're simply not being PC, because they are personal attacking insults. Your behaviour is completely inappropriate and totally uncalled for.

If you can't conduct yourself and a mature manner and you can't get your point across without resorting to slinging insults then reconsider before clicking the reply button next time.

By the way, "could give a fuk"? So you're saying you could give a fuk? So you do care? Well that's awfully nice of you to care so much and give a fuk. Next time if you're trying to express your apathy for caring, I suggest you do it correctly and say you "couldn't give a fuk" or "couldn't care less", that is, you could not care less. It actually makes sense.

Here's David Mitchell to explain in a bit more detail for you

Enjoy your 7 day vacation, try to be more pleasant when you return and be sure to adhere to the forum rules:

Terms of Service and Rules | Evolve Electric Skateboard Forums

For anyone else - if you see posts on the site you feel may break the rules, I encourage you to use the 'Report' button below the offending post to bring it to my attention.

I don't always have time to read every single post and so I rely on you guys to help me out with things like that. Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  13. 0raa

0raa Member

Aaro
    Map
    Finally managed to do my first "real" range test after owning the board for 4months.

Board: Bamboo GT, 97mm wheels, fully charged(charger led green)
    Weather: Sunny, +20c, little wind(rode equally tailwind and headwind)
    Rider weight: 100Kg(gear incl.)
    Speed and mode: 20km/h, 100% ECO
    Stops: 1, for 5 minutes
    Battery after ride: Battery dead warning/ 4% /33.677v(had to push home)
    Legs and feet: Dead

Have to say I am dissapointed. Saw some guys doing 35km and stilll having juice left. +20Kg really cuts out 13km+ from my range? Could something be wrong with my board.

14. Bekker95

Bekker95 Member

Mikkel Bekker
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    83mm
    Map
    I did 29,6km in one charge. But I was riding on smaller hills and sometimes I went into Fast and GT mood.. I was mostly in ECO :)

15. 0raa

0raa Member

Aaro
    Map
    Some of my cells are bad I think, Evolve is probably sending me new battery and I will replace it myself and ship the old one back, hope it helps. Did 2nd test today and got 22.6km and rode on ECO again only and speed 20-21km/h, no stops.

16. D. Brewer

D. Brewer Member

David brewer
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Colder temps, wind, rougher terrains, excessive weight, up hill gradients, and carving all cause battery sag. Next time try this..set your remote to "GT mode" and ride at your normal speeds of around 16mph barely pulling the trigger vs riding in eco with the trigger nearly completely pulled all the way down and see dont your mileage increase significantly

17. onmyone

onmyone Member

Paul Sexton
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo One
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    I only measured it once and got very close to the stated range, but I don't remember the exact numbers. I think I used 80 percent of the battery for close to that of the distance. But I use these batteries for ecigs and the batteries in that use decline in capacity fairly rapidly. I'd say almost 1 percent per charge ... not sure if ecigs drain the capacity faster than eskates or not. My Bamboo One died when I it sat for a few months and then the ecs stopped sending a continuous go signal for some reason. It was connected as the brake worked. When I applied power it just clicked the motor a few mms. I tried fixing it per the video on vimeo from Evolve and blew the ecs somehow.

18. Temblor

Temblor Member

Temblor
    Map
    2 Year follow up post..
    Battery still holding strong although I have not gone on a 20 mile "street wheel" trip again.. Once I put the 7" wheels I have never put the street wheels back on.. It is nice not having to worry about hitting a rock.. Love going from pavement to dirt, gravel or grass.. Have used my board primarily for filming with follow me mode on DJI 4 Have got incredible tour footage of parks boardwalks.. (check out "Temblor" Youtube channel. (Although my videos have some of me riding the Evolve board.. they are more focused on the Ariel "tour" aspect..
    although in the "Greenlake" video there is a moment at 10:00 mark, of some sport riding down a hill before "the Trees" song transition.

or

I also use board to shuttle between my boat & vehicle at boat launches..
    I was kind of harsh on Evolve for the delayed response at times on remote.. how it can shift to reverse if you press button 2 or 3 times during a delay.. honestly I have not had any spills since that one spill.. and it was early in learning curve, I still have the original remote have not upgraded to the new version with trigger guard, but I have NOT had any accidental reverse shifts, nor many delays on the remote. and I have more confidence in board, primarily because I learned the lesson not to repeatedly press the button to shift between eco or GT mode.. basically I just leave it in GT mode. I would still like to be able to manually disable reverse though.. because I just have never needed it. I have not stayed up on info since this post.. have not done any updates in 2 years.. did Evolve address any issues with the dis-liked "auto shift" down to eco? or reverse? maybe on the newer remote? Which I am still considering to purchase.
    So after 2 years I have been VERY satisfied with battery life, especially since I am 6'5" 245lbs.. It is a great board. I use mine primarily in the summer months.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019