Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

New ABEC 11 107MM Wheels

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by AlMon, Mar 17, 2017.

More threads by AlMon
  1. Getorti

Getorti Member

I'm using them with the gears from my Evolve GT 83mm 76a original wheel set. I guess they're 32T. Works perfectly!

2. fbhb

fbhb Member

Thanks for the quick reply, sounds like that set up works really well for you. I will be able to try both set ups when my wheels finally turn up. Can't wait, as I currently run Abec 11 97's with 32T, so I already suspect the Superflys will be awesome in terms of comfort/grip/speed etc.

3. Getorti

Getorti Member

I confirm: they are wonderful!

4. fbhb

fbhb Member

Ahhhhh, now you're making me jealous that you have your set already!!! Oh well hopefully I will get to experience them in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. E-Boarding

E-Boarding Member

agree, it is the smoothest ride I've ever done

6. fbhb

fbhb Member

Thanks for the feedback, again nice to know!

7. fbhb

fbhb Member

Evolve have just announced, via Facebook, their upcoming collaboration with Abec 11 to offer their own 107mm Black wheels!

8. destructo8

destructo8 Member

Looks awesome! These look way better than my lime green ones

9. Deco-Stop

Deco-Stop Member

This is awesome!!! I assume these won't need any modification other than a new firmware update.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  10. fbhb

fbhb Member

I would confidently say that these will be an Evolve branded version of the Abec 11 Superflys. All the specs seem to be identical to Abec's original lime green version. As for the firmware change to include 107mm on the remote, I have asked this question on the Facebook post & I'm waiting for a reply.

11. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

If abec11 is making the 107mm wheel with evolve then more power to them. I only wish they had them available last year when I purchased the 97s. Having said that I personally like the green over the black, it gives the black carbon some color. As for the wheels there really is no comparison. The abec11 (again I use the 97mm) have a lot of grip but also sliding is pretty smooth. I put the evolve 83mm on a standard long board and they don’t have the grip and are kind of jumpy when you slide. In a straight line they are fast with the bones reds I have installed. Once I wear out these 97s I will go for the 107s but so far I love the 97s. They go through a lot of terrain I didn’t think they would be able to make it through so that is a plus too. I am going through dirt, old beat up asphalt paths and short grass so I can only imagine the 107s will do that even better. I am getting ready to swap front to back so they wear more evenly. They all chunk a little if you push them but again so far nothing big. Enjoy.

• Sad Sad x 1
  12. barmok

barmok Member

Given the constant unavailability of the lime by ABEC I guess I will wait October to order these, I wish they were more colorful but it will do, this summer is going to be awesome.

13. Tas51e

Tas51e Member

ABEC11 Have redesigned their 107mm Electric Fly wheel to fit with Evolve's Hubs. As you can See in Them also working together.

These are Available and will also be available in Australia.
    SKABC104Fnm.jpg

14. Somebody already tested speed and range on this 107 mm wheels?

15. Getorti

Getorti Member

Hi! Here is a small video of me riding the Evolve Carbon GT & the wonderful ABEC 11 SuperFly Wheels.
    Shot with the new GoPro Hero 6 black at 2,7K 60 fps.

They are wonderfull!

16. fbhb

fbhb Member

Hey thanks for uploading the video & coincidentally, my Superfly's finally turned up today too! Really looking forward to trying them out at the weekend, they look absolutely amazing in the flesh!!!
    Superfly's.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Deco-Stop

Deco-Stop Member

I can’t wait to try the Black Evolve version of these!!! I’ll probably run some 38t gears for some extra torque as well. I love acceleration.

18. fbhb

fbhb Member

Yes, the Evolve version look to be exactly the same wheel, apart from the colour/logos obviously so performance should be identical. I'm currently running Abec 11 97's with 32T, but have already got hold of the 38T set up in readiness for these arriving. It will be very interesting to try both gear sets to see what the difference is like. Another point to mention, is that Evolve will most likely be addressing the missing 107mm setting on the remote once they start stocking the New Black wheels, so look out for an announcement soon!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Deco-Stop

Deco-Stop Member

Awesome!!! Thanks for the update. I have a set ordered with the 38t gears. I hope the acceleration feels the same or slightly quicker with the 38t/107mm as it did with the 32t/97mm.

20. fbhb

fbhb Member

Hey, just letting you know that I got to try out the New Superfly's earlier today on my Carbon GT with some great results. I was previously running Abec 97's with 32T gearing and so I'm initially using the same 32T gearing at the moment but will also try the 38T set up I have at some point. I have to say that going straight to the 107's from the 97's with the same gearing, gave me a good start point for a true comparison and there is notably, a big difference! I feel this is due to the large increase in contact patch, which is actually a 22mm total gain in extra urethane rolling over the surface you are riding on. The board to me, immediately felt different & it took the first 10 mins of my ride to get a feel for the much wider stance. Having said that, these wheels really do Roll & Roll, exactly as stated in the latest Evolve Weekly update! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21efrbE1gX8 You can now actually find yourself able to let the throttle settle in the neutral position from time to time & free-roll, which is obviously a huge benefit to battery life as well. Comfort wise, it goes without saying, that the New Reflex formula absorbs cracks & small irregularities even better than the 97's with the increased diameter also helping to Roll over small stones etc. The grip is also fantastic, which gives confidence when carving or turning sharply. Super impressed with the first ride on these Abec 11 107's, can't wait to get out again tomorrow for another session. Anyone thinking of getting either the Abec Lime Green or the Evolve Black version of these wheels should just go for it! You won't regret it.

• Like Like x 2