1. Carbon Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Found our motors, cheap

Discussion in 'Carbon GT' started by wiztecy, Nov 20, 2016.

More threads by wiztecy
  1. VikasG

VikasG Member

I agree, they need to make their parts more readily available. They do have the belt covers on their store though.

2. fiori

fiori Member

Has anyone been able to find the bolts that hold the motor to the motor plate for cheap?

3. fiori

fiori Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

FYI guys re eBay ones. The outer flange can be hammered off. Use hammer, screwdriver on a block of wood. Hammer and turn until it pops. You won't be able to use the AT belts otherwise. As the drives will touch.

IMAG9332.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    wiztecy

wiztecy Member

Evolve needs to be running steel pulleys at the drive motor, however you see what the cheap motors are running. The same crappy aluminum pulleys. I've been searching online for steel replacements from DIY Eboard suppliers, think I found a couple that will do the job. We'll see...

No, Evolve won't ever do something like that such as replacing a worn out pulley.... if/when you do talk to them suggest they need to use steel or at minimum, supply an aftermarket steel pulley for existing customers.

6. LuckyCharms

LuckyCharms Member

7. fiori

fiori Member

I can confirm the steel pulleys worked with the street setup. It fixed my belt skipping issues as well. The outer flange will have to be shaved for use with the AT setup, but I'm ok with that.

8. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

Did you see my picture post just above? It hammers off.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dronus

dronus Member

So what was the final word on the motors? Did we find one that is a direct replacement for the stock motor?
    I have a job (hopefully) lodged with evolve for a faulty motor on my new GT Bamboo so it should get replaced under warranty.

10. forbesmyester

forbesmyester Member

Sounds like it might be worth investing in. On the Gen2's I was going through the wheel gear every year. Does anyone know what the motor gear was made of on the Gen2s?

11. fiori

fiori Member

I'm not talking about that aluminum pulley listed above. Im talking about the custom made steel pulleys I linked to above

EDIT: Just wanna say that the flanges on the steel pulley actually did pop off easily just like the aluminum pulleys

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  12. dronus

dronus Member

Still for sale,

Racerstar 5065 BRH5065 140KV 6-12S Brushless Motor With Gear For Balancing Scooter

AUD $58 free postage from china. Looks identical apart from the model markings.

Hopefully Evolve get back in contact with me about my faulty motor. I still havent heard back from the support people, even after calling them to confirm they got my email which has links to vids i put on youtube of the faulty motor. Hopefully a motor turns up this week.

Are there different motors for left and right being that they face opposite ways but turn in the same direction?

13. dronus

dronus Member

ohh wait, hold that last question, the motor controller spins it the other way, i saw that when i swapped the cables to test the board.

14. OP
    wiztecy

wiztecy Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. dronus

dronus Member

Hey mate I'm still catching up on your adventures but did you ever have to send a motor back under warranty? If you did did the replacement come with the cog fitted? Just wondering if I have to take it off my broken motor or if the replacement comes with it?

Going by the online listings for them it looks like it comes with it?

16. Rev

Rev Member

So now we can see where we might get DIY motors - can anyone suggest where one might purchase a twin motor controller such as the GT uses?

17. fiori

fiori Member

Look up the VESC. You will need one for each motor

18. oo8moto

oo8moto Member

I just purchased the BRH5065 140kv which is the same one as evolves but I was wondering if anyone has tryed the BRH5065 200kv motor on our boards? If it works I wonder if it would give us a more top out speed or torque?

19. VikasG

VikasG Member

Yes. This please. If anyone is likely to do it, it would be Spartan. I asked Evolve and they said if the motors won't work it won't damage the board but rather throw an error sign and not start. It won't damage your board so I'd really appreciate if someone tried - I'm in the middle of winter and a high schooler so I can't atm.

20. W.Jordan

W.Jordan Member

you want the 140kv, as the 200kv is not designed for the other specs of the board :)

• Agree Agree x 1