1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Evolve Bamboo GT, Wheels Locked, Crash....

Discussion in 'Bamboo GT' started by RaceToRed, Aug 17, 2017.

More threads by RaceToRed
  1. Stefan

Stefan Member

Using only 1 nRF24+ my library now hacks the connection in ~1 second.

2. Dbell

Dbell Member

Hi, I had dropouts on my carbon gen2 board in 2015, the 10th? time it happened and I launched off the front, busted my hip shoulder and skinned myself up pretty bad, the remote banged into the ground and the led's started to flash faster than they usually did when I first got it, as in, their default speed whenever the remote was powered on was a slow blink rate, and when I banged it into the ground, the default blink rate somehow set itself to a faster blink rate, that is the yellow red and green led's. And since that day, I never had a drop out since. It has been 4 years and god knows how many thousands of km's I've done on it. All I know is that whatever happened in that remote, it was definitely a pairing issue between the board and remote. With one caveat. I did have the evolve app at the time, and I'm not so sure if the app had anything to do with communicating with the board simultaneously with the remote causing issues, because I never used that app again after that crash as I thought it might have been related. So maybe it was that.

3. dromo32

dromo32 Member

Great News! my wheels locked up at top speed today in the middle of the street in Manhattan....sweet! I hit nothing, i am an advanced rider and i had the controller on full throttle and never switch modes. I checked everything once i got home and there is nothing lodged anywhere that could be hinder the wheels, plus when i tried to ride it totally turned off, it would go for a little and then all of a sudden lock up again. I am very concerned now though b/c i live in Manhattan and i take the board everywhere (even though its only a few months old and i take very good care of it and never ride when its wet) and due to my riding level, i weave in and out of traffic, other riders, bikes and pedestrians. This is my biggest concern b/c if this happens while im doing something more high risk, I could easily get way more injured than i did today with some road rash and bruises and could have easier died by getting run over by a vehicle. Helmet wont ******* save you from that!! This is ridiculous!! Now i'm going to be nervous to ever ride this thing again, regardless if it's fixed or even replaced. Why the **** would the board ever lock up instead of just coasting out?!?! Regardless of the speed, these boards should NEVER ******* lock up and now the **** doesnt even work and wont connect and i had to carry that heavy ass board miles home and i couldnt even ride it turned off since the wheels still locked every 10 feet! I want a return and I am definitely going to another brand and will be telling eeeeeveryone i know about this and i cannot believe i didnt see this issue on any review of the board as i did extensive research before purchasing the board a few months ago. I also almost had a full battery on both board and controller...i cant believe this is even a ******* issue, let alone an issue with many people! i am talking to an attorney now about a class-action lawsuit, everyone with this issue feel free to please email me personally at drewromagnoli@gmail.com
    PS - i also tore my shirt, right shoe cause i landed on that first and my foot popped through it and also my 600 dollar brand new off-white bookbag. This is ******* ******** and once this happened even one time, there should have been an immediate permanent solution or a ******* recall!! i will be waiting to hear back from someone but not veery long as i want a resolution immediately as i am wasting time where i should riding instead.

4. dromo32

dromo32 Member

5. dromo32

dromo32 Member

I am speaking to lawyer too already about a class action. Please email me with any progress you make drewromagnoli@gmail.com this is absolutely insane that evolve knows about this program and isnt talking it as a priority when it seems like it could be an easy fix. I can however guarantee they would save much more money by correcting their mistakes than paying out millions of dollars from a large lawsuit. I love this board and am so sad this is even something that i have to talk about, how i never saw this in all my research prior to buying this board is shocking to me. I cant stop thinking about how bad this could have been for me as i cruise around manhattan like a mad man. In and out of lanes, cars, bikes etc. and if this happened then...i would have certainly gotten run over.

6. mike88

mike88 Member

What happened to the Law suit? Anybody else with the Problem? I counted now with me 17 cases where an Evolve Skateboards locked the wheels while driving. Every single case it was an experienced rider, and now brakes or mode buttons have been pressed. In some cases this problem occurred several times and was reproducible.
    Evolve Responses to every accident, that it is the drivers fault. To me the answered there is not such a problem. They never heard about the problem. But this problem goes viral since November 2016. I saved many documents about many accidents and saved videos too where out of nothing the wheels locked up.

If there is someone who has more or other news, i would be glad to here from you.

Best regards

7. BCW Texas

BCW Texas Member

This also happened to me twice but I was going full speed 23 mph on a major street. I had a strong head wind do I was squared down, then as I passed some people fishing off the bridge I stood up and all of the sudden the board fishtailed and my feet were no longer on top of the board. I ran about two steps and tucked and rolled. I smashed the remote between my hand and the street. Luckily I landed back on my feet and didn’t get run over. This also happened to my 15 year old som twice. He was lucky enough to escaped serious injury as well.

The 2nd time it happened I was going up a steep hill and that is the only reason I was able to stay on the board.