1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

97mm evolve wheels installation concerns/ questions...

Discussion in 'Bamboo GT' started by swimmingintoast, Jul 29, 2017.

More threads by swimmingintoast
  1. mwhite67

mwhite67 Member

Can confirm, I had a wheel fall off once while riding. Check those lock nuts.

2. $20 says most of you guys bent your motor plate due to eithor over tighten the belt or excessive torque from the motor!

It's a simple fix to retrack your belt! Pull your belt covers, Loosen your motor screws.

Leave the wheels on if you have street wheels less than >97mm.

Grab a good rubber mallet and pick a spot behind the motor on the motor plate. If your belt is rubbing on your wheel tap, and I do mean TAP the motor plate back toward center.

Rotate the wheels and check clearance.

When you are close you will begin to see the belt walk toward the motor on the pinion and begin to show teeth on both sides of the belt on the hub.

Continue to give it a tap in eithor direction, checking the belt tracking after each tap.

Once you have the belt where you think it needs to be tighten the screws under the wheel first.

Grab a 5mm Allen wrench and use this as a guage for your belt deflection. This is likely why your motor plate is bent in the first place (belt to tight).

Your belt on both sides of the pinion should travel from one edge of your allen key to the other and stop before it passes the edge.

This is the " approximant 5mm deflection" that Evolve called for.

Now tighten the rest of the screws and recheck belt deflection.

Spin your wheel and check again for proper clearance.

Follow the steps to ensure your motors run evenly while remembering to check the belt with the 5mm allen key every time you loosen and retighten the moror screws.

Put your covers back on and go for a test ride (preferably up hill).

Pull belt covers, check belt deflection, check belt tracking and check screws.

Make any needed adjustments.

If all is well pop your motor covers back on and go ride.

3. Deco-Stop

Deco-Stop Member

Well your wrong. I’ll take my $20! haha. there were several production runs with this problem from the factory. My belts are tracking perfectly and mounts are straight (checked with a straight edge) I still get belt rub without an o-ring. I have set up other boards without this problem. It’s something in Evolves gear/wheel combo on a few of them.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  4. Then you wouldn't be "most of you" then. Would you?

Keep in mind those outboard motors have been used in RC aircraft for years. I have well over 25 alone with this motor style.

The torque is much much higher than you think. I have bent many of motor mounts on hellies, planes and drones. Not to mentuon prop shafts due to oposing force (wind)!

A 200lb person going up a hill creates enough torque to easily bend a motor plate 1 mm if the conditions are right.

IG: Withered_Perception

5. Stribolet

Stribolet Member

Additional graphical modifications are in motion.
    Skater graffiti.
    Will do wheels and other parts as well.

IMG_20180629_26921.jpg

IMG_20180629_7141.jpg

IMG_20180629_57709.jpg