1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Zero start / Push to start option?

Discussion in 'Bamboo GTX' started by Nandox7, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Nandox7

Nandox7 Member

Nando
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTX
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    Hi all,

Due to legal reasons and safety reasons is it possible to set the board to only start after it has some speed?
    In electric scooters this is often called "Zero start", so if you press the throttle and the board is stopped it wouldn't
    move, you'd need to first push it as a non electric.

Asking this from the legal perspective as where I live currently MPV's (Motor Propelled vehicles) of this type are allowed
    as long as they can not start automatically from a stop status. If not they are considered normal motor vehicles.

As from a safety perspective, it prevents you or someone for example that bumps into you from unintentionally touching the throttle and the board shooting forward.

Thanks!

2. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gary
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    7" AT, 76 abec, currently on 97 abecs
    Map
    Nandox7 - pretty sure that is what the dead man’s switch is for. You can toggle that on or off.

3. OP
    Nandox7

Nandox7 Member

Nando
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTX
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    Thanks xrayturner,
    My remote doesn't have a dead man's switch. But yes from a security point of view that would cover.
    From a legal point of view it wouldn't as I guess that if you press the dead man's switxs and then throttle the board starts moving right away.
    (I know dumb laws... that's what you get having technology adverse people in power)

4. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gary
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    7" AT, 76 abec, currently on 97 abecs
    Map
    Sounds like you are using the R1 remote. I would recommend upgrading to the R2 remote, much better remote. You are correct when the dead man's switch feature is turned on (which is default state) you have to have the Deadman’s switch depressed and then the throttle before the board will move. You can get the board moving via leg pushing as well and then just press the throttle once moving but you can’t start from a stand still position. Hope this helps. Enjoy

5. fs996

fs996 Member

Neil Robinson
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    You could always enable the dead man switch, then disassemble the remote and physically remove the deadman switch. It's straightforward to do.

• Like Like x 1