Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Troubles with my 1 month old Bamboo One street

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by Bighernt, Jul 8, 2019.

More threads by Bighernt
  1. Bighernt

Bighernt Member

Hey there!

So I finally got my thumb out of my ass and ordered a electric longboard and boy was it a good deciscion.

Until this saturday when I was gonna use it to pick up a rental car and the board wont start.

First off the board would not start after I disconnected the charger, then I suddenly got it to power up and started my R2 remote, figured I would try to ride it. But then the remote was stuck in "SLOW" mode no matter what I did, tried connecting my other remote with plastic faults but same thing there, stuck in SLOW.
    So I powered the board off and when I tried to start it again it was completely dead.

Reached out to retail seller here in Sweden but they have been quite.

So I took it to my work and pulled it apart and found 3 different faults:

The green cable from the power button was loose, its the one who powers the blue LED light in the button:

Attached pic.

And the soldering on two out of four big conductors on the motor controller circutboard was completely loose, might have broken due to vibrations? :

Attached pic.

So I soldered it back on and tried starting it up, now the board started up like usual and got it to connect to the remote and got it out of SLOW mode, but now the wheels wont move!

Anyone else hade any problems like this and what is the solution?

Snapchat-508566258.jpg

IMG_20190708_104640.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Nick@Evolve

Nick@Evolve Member

Hey

Sorry to hear mate. You are correct that the loose wire is only for the switch LED and doesn't actually stop the board from turning on.
    If you have put it all back together, make sure you have the hall connector in the correct port.
    If unsure post a photo of the cables connected.
    Nick

3. OP
    Bighernt

Bighernt Member

Hey Nick!

Having some slow contact with the Evolve EU departement, may be due to vacation times here

But had many troubles. From conductors with loose solderings to Bent motorshaft. I made a new shaft but when I did that I also noticed that the outer housing with the magnets on was bent on the inner piece, the one surrounding the shaft.

So i managed to bend it back by hand using some watchmakers tools to a 97% correct circle.

The reason im doing all this is because I want a board that is working to commute with and im tired of the slow help im getting.

But now the board works as inteded with no strange sounds from the motor att all and have had zero failures for two weeks. The LED om the power button is the only thing not working att the moment.

IMG_20190721_145207.jpg

IMG_20190721_144430.jpg

4. Nick@Evolve

Nick@Evolve Member

Great to hear you are back up and. How are you rotating it to measure the run out with the dial gauge?
    How far out was the motor shaft?
    Take not, if the housing is off centre, it could potentially be due to separating from the end plate.

The switch should be easy for them to sort for you.
    Nick

5. OP
    Bighernt

Bighernt Member

It was easier than I thought to remove the housing and I think I got it to off without too much violence. I can post a video of the motor rotating before taking it apart and u can see the housing wobbling.

The motor shaft was pretty bent, unfortanly I dont have a picture of it. I tried bending it back but that was not easy, so I made a new one instead, identical to the original one.

When I directed the housing I used a 8.1mm shaft in a upright position, because I wanted no play between the the hou and the shaft. Rotated it slowly by hand and measured the highest point and the lowest point (using the tool in the picture in my last post) and marked them (opposite side of eachother). The initial bend was measured to 1.4 mm, wich caused the magnets to touch the motor and make a crunchy noise. I then took a pipe wich was sligthly larger than the housing and pulled it from the highest measured point towards me a tiny bit, measuring after every pull I did. Until it was fairly correct (0.1mm).

I think it has something to do with My weight, im 95kg heavy and I think buying a One motor drive was a bad choice. Think it might happen again.

6. OP
    Bighernt

Bighernt Member

Here is the video

Attached Files:

7. OP
    Bighernt

Bighernt Member