Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Trampa Urban Treads vs evolve stock wheels

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by jaygorton, May 15, 2019.

More threads by jaygorton
  1. jaygorton

jaygorton Member

I am up for new AT wheels and have been searching for an answer to this question to no avail. I know Evolve wheels are very good, I know urban treads will reduce top speed. What one will last longer( wear more slowly) what one will carve harder? will i get more range with urban treads? who has used both which do you like bettet?

2. Kaup30

Kaup30 Member

I recently switched to the trampas with the purpose being able to ride at higher psi (75+) on stock evolve hubs, Bamboo GTX. I’m 250lb+, so the assumption was higher psi/more range, and it worked. I’ve gained roughly 30% range @ 75psi, and even when in “yellow”, I’m sustaining power levels, and able to go up to 7 miles. Disclaimer, I was already running 60+psi on the evolve wheels.

As far as carving, they’re much tighter. Smaller sidewall, and of course diameter contribute to snappy carves. My buddy goes through a set of evolve 7” every month (on a carbon gt), he is a really hard carver and is going to switch to these after trying mine.

Speed did go down a bit, but, you could compensate by changing motor gears. My max is now 20-21, vs 22-24.. so not a huge difference. They’re great on the brakes at full speed, no more of the anxious trigger pull waiting for the brakes to grab. The remote is also still fairly accurate if you leave in traditional 175x66t setting.

Also is interesting to see evolve is coming out with a 6” option with the gtr, which comes with a 47t gear.. the 47s should increase speed, reduce torque?? May be worth waiting for, as I only see them listed on the Australian site for now. But if in a hurry, grab the urban treads, trampa had wicked fast shipping. I was worried about shipping, so I ordered two sets, $150.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1