1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

The Evolve One Bamboo - New 2017 Evolve Skateboards Electric Skateboard

Discussion in 'Bamboo Series One' started by bgudell, Apr 7, 2017.

More threads by bgudell
  1. bgudell

bgudell Member

MOD UPDATE WITH VIDEO:

Screen shot from the new weekly evolve video. In the video Jeff says it a new product releasing April 14 2017. Anybody have the insider info? I'm assuming it's just a new deck option.
    IMG_1630.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. oo8moto

oo8moto Member

Maybe a smaller board?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alex

Alex Admin

That's what I was thinking.

Small, lighter more portable board perhaps?!

That would awesome

4. destructo8

destructo8 Member

smaller, and in a different shot in the youtube, video i can only see 1 motor...
    I'm thinking they are trying to hit a $999 price point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alex

Alex Admin

Got a pic?

6. destructo8

destructo8 Member

upload_2017-4-7_17-26-9.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alex

Alex Admin

Nice, yep, definitely a small more budget friendly board then.

Maybe street wheel only?

• Like Like x 1
  8. oo8moto

oo8moto Member

I would like it to be smaller but 2 motors.

9. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

I'm suprised there isn't more talk about this.
    Who would add a small cheap travel board to their collection?
    Would be good for touring around cities I guess and final leg commuting.
    Would even get a whole new market into the sport and they'll probably have to upgrade once they get addicted. Gateway drug.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cool! Cool! x 1
  10. OP
    bgudell

bgudell Member

Predictions on range & top speed??

11. rod_r

rod_r Member

Me. I'm currently mucking round with a benchwheel pennyboard I got cheap to try to make my ideal board...single motor / small battery / 32" max length

12. PacoP

PacoP Member

:cool:
    Oh good. Finally someone else has one Are you having any problems charging the remote?? I've had mine for 10 days now and when I plug in the remote I just get a blue lite. So haven't charged it for a week now and it is stilll going strong. Great board for the money, but did change the bearings. What kind of light indications do you get when charging the remote?? Can't find much info or help trouble-shooting problems. Actually got another remote after complaining to Amazon but was waiting to try it when original finally dies. Was wondering if have to fully discharge it before it will charge??? Everything else works perfect and I have a lot of fun with it on smooth surfaces. Still use my Bamboo AT on the rough, pothole filled roads here in Texas.
    Thanks for any info you can give me in advance

13. rod_r

rod_r Member

Hi. Had mine about a week. The remote has a solid blue light when fully charged. TBH, I'm not sure what it does while charging......I think it's a blinking blue light.....because I've only charged it once. I plugged it in and left, but came back a minute later and it was already showing the solid blue light.
    I think the evolve remote goes through battery far quicker because it has the display, and we're just not used to having the battery last so long. I think the boosted remote is similar.
    Also, even though the remote feels cheap to hold, I far prefer its shape and thumb control.

No problems yet but it's early days.

14. PacoP

PacoP Member

OK. Thanks. It's been a week and about 18 miles and it's still going strong. Will try and plug it in tonight. I'm getting closer to 10 miles per charge on the board and it charges MUCH faster than Evolve's. Probably doesn't have a cell balancing feature. Cheers and thanks again for info. A lot lighter and easier to carry around board.

15. rod_r

rod_r Member

No problem. I'm looking at transplanting the hardware onto a 32" deck. The 28" penny board deck is just a little too short for me.

I haven't measured distance yet but it seems pretty decent

16. PacoP

PacoP Member

Cool. Maybe you could start a new thread about the build. I really like the size and weight. Your 32" re-do shouldn't add too much and maybe you could get better trucks (at least the front one)

17. I'm really hoping it's a flexible wide bamboo with CGT specs!

18. samjadelaide

samjadelaide Member

I predict:
    • 32-36" deck, bamboo obviously
    • Smaller battery (air travel friendly)
    • Single GT motor to get more efficiency out of the smaller battery
    • Easily swappable battery??
    • It has GT trucks, so I think AT can be an option, but it may not be sold as a 2-in-1. It's something individual riders can opt to do as a custom, but I think the only purchase option will be street to keep the price point low
    • 30km top speed
    • 20km range
    • $999 price point

If I'm close, this board corners a few markets, such as, beginner/budget/entry level, commuter, travel friendly, back-up board. Hell, I'd think about getting one as a back-up to the GT and travel buddy and sell my current back-up Gen2!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. rod_r

rod_r Member

I agree, those spec's would be nice....32" would be my perfect commuter length board

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. skedaddle

skedaddle Member

Its the 14th!! where is this new board man??:v: