Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Smallest Pneumatic Wheels

Discussion in 'Skate Equipment, Safety Gear & Spares' started by Experimentalist, Apr 8, 2020.

More threads by Experimentalist
  1. Hi

I have a Evolve Bamboo GTX and a Evolve Bamboo GTR

I am interested if anyone knows of any 100mm (ideally) or 125mm pneumatic wheels or if not pneumatic with some give in them? I am really looking for the smallest I can find.

I realise there are 150mm available but I want to try and run gearing for street wheels but with pneumatic wheels. I live in the UK and the tarmac on our roads and pavements is so knackered its more like being off road! I am trying to get a comfortable ride on crappy tarmac but with top speed more like the road wheels. I do spend most of my time on the GTR off road but would like to set the GTX up for rough tarmac with the best top speed I can manage.

I already have some 97mm Evolve Street wheels, some Abec 107mm street wheels but the tarmac is so bad that it vibrates really badly. I do also have some 150mm all terrain wheels and they are great but you don't have the top speed of the smaller wheels.

I realise 100mm pneumatic is a big ask due to space but you can but ask :)

2. 120mm Foamies From SR have quite a bit
    “of give” in them and work well in UK though not pneumatic...(so no punctures ;-)
    I’m based in Wales& feel the vibrations too

3. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

Thanks for that, what board do you have? Are they likely to fit straight out the box or do you think I'll need to adapt them to fit?

4. I use them on my GTX straight out of box with Evolve 37 tooth Gears&Belts....

5. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

Great, thanks

6. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

Ordered them :)

7. Sweeet! Hope you like...

8. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

GTX will stay setup for the road once the Foamies are on it as I just ordered a Bajaboard Pantera for off road :)

9. WOW’ Sounds Great!
    Foamies probably to small for Baja?
    Seriously though you’ve got Foamies for Street& BAJA for OffRoad
    Probably don’t need GTR&GTX? SellingGTX..?

10. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

I don't think I will have issues with power and top speed with the Baja so no need for the foamies there! I may well sell the GTX but I am not sure yet. I walk the dog using my GTR daily, he loves it as he does not have to wait for me dawdling along on foot. We do around 10 miles a day. His recall is however rubbish so he is attached to me with a Barkswell Hands Free Running Dog Lead. I'll have to see how he gets on with the Baja first. My 9 year old and I go out together hence the 2 boards but if the dog gets on well with the Baja the GTX will indeed be for sale, are you interested then if I sell?

11. BAJA seem INSANELY Powerfull!
    Am sure you’ll Enjoy...
    Which model did you go for?
    1 GTX is enough for me thanks& already 3 boards in total, I’ve only got 2 feet!
    I keep looking at TRAMPA but not Bought yet...

12. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

I went for the maddest, the Pantera!!!

13. AWESOME!!!
    Are you on any of the UK ES8 forums?
    (I’m on CARVE& ESK8UK...)

14. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

15. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

I'm an old time boarder myself, I got the GTX for my 50th and the GTR shortly after, demoting the GTX to use by my son. The Pantera is for my 51st birthday :)

16. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member

I've sent join requests to both

17. Cool, I’m sure they’ll let you join...
    Let Me know if any probs?

18. OP
    Experimentalist

Experimentalist Member