Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Remote changing version

Discussion in 'General Electric Skateboard Chat' started by Stringer, Sep 17, 2019.

More threads by Stringer
  1. Stringer

Stringer Member

Carl
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Would any one know why my remote R2 would change on its own from V2 toV1.
    After a 5KLm ride I stopped for about 45min, when I switched back on to ride home it would not connect.Got a lift home looked on you tube and found some one with a new board who could not connect, so by chance I went through my remote set up, only to find that mine had gone to V1 change it back to V2 and all is working again

2. Nick@Evolve

Nick@Evolve Member

Nick
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTR, Bamboo GTX, Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Hi Stringer. Occasionally the R2 do this. If it occurs again, get in touch with Evolve. Do you have the latest firmware with the speed limit functions?
    Nick

3. OP
    Stringer

Stringer Member

Carl
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Hi Nick, thanks for the reply, its has not happened again in the last few rides, but I do not have the firmware with the speed limit function.

4. Nick@Evolve

Nick@Evolve Member

Nick
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTR, Bamboo GTX, Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Okay no worries. The latest firmware may also help prevent this. If you experience it again, I'd suggest getting in touch with Evolve.
    Regards,
    Nick

5. OP
    Stringer

Stringer Member

Carl
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Hi Nick, I did as suggested and told my local supplier the story and they sent me a new contoller. Only to receive exactly the same controller. They told me they did not know anything about changing the older version controllers with the new version.
    I am not to worried as it hasn't changed to v1 again, as far as the jerky excelleration curve is concerned I am getting used to it, and I now I carry both controllers or a battery bank in case the controller runs down before the end of a ride.
    By the way I am in Durban South Africa and the only supplier is in Cape Town, a long way away.
    Does the new version controller work with the Gtx ?