Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Recommended front and brake lights to purchase?

Discussion in 'Skate Equipment, Safety Gear & Spares' started by dcoder, May 23, 2018.

More threads by dcoder
  1. dcoder

dcoder Member

I just received the Bamboo GT and was wondering if any of you could recommend the best front and brake lights to purchase that use solar to charge.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Cheers!

2. walterafable

walterafable Member

I like the Serfas Thunderbolt front and rear lights. Note that the red taillight does not act as a brake light per se. Both have four modes. Two solid modes, high brightness and low brightness. Then two blinking modes, high and low brightness again. Kit comes with a pair of short straps and long straps. I bought an extra set of short straps from Serfas directly. A few bucks. The short straps work well for mounting the lights on trucks. Micro USB to charge. Decent battery life. I bought the set on Amazon - slightly cheaper than from Evolve. Beware of knockoffs. Alternative would be Shredlights with mounting hardware from Flatland3D but I’ve never tried them. All options are great for being seen by others, not necessarily to light up a dark path at night. I also wear two lights on my helmet - a camping headlamp on front and a blinky red light attached to my Bern.

3. AZSteve

AZSteve Member

I use the Brighteyes (1600 lumens) as my main headlight. It works great on dark streets and trails. It has three brightness settings as well as a pulsating setting. I carry the Vision II flashlight (1000 lumens) in my back pocket as a backup. I lost my lights once at night in the Arizona desert. I’m not anxious to repeat that. On the rear I use the Thunderbolt Lights (90 lumens) from Evolve. The taillight is very visible.

DE7AECC2-F6B0-452D-8CA1-FFD7B7E881CC.jpeg

92C7D407-CD17-4BF6-B5BD-8E2B90D32693.png

7D016FCC-9AA6-4DC2-8B42-D43C27C6D0C6.jpeg

A358B274-FCDC-49E4-9B6F-96FB2EE34F2B.jpeg

4. KngtUp

KngtUp Member

I designed the light mounts at www.kngtup.com to fit on standard trucks, like classic Independent Trucks. I have seen different styles of trucks on electric boards. I would really appreciate some feedback from the electric board riding community on whether or not you think the mounts would fit on your board and which board you are using.

mountedlight_1.jpg