Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

New to electric boards, but not a new skater

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by Jasonlongboards, Aug 4, 2020.

More threads by Jasonlongboards
  1. Been skating for 20+ years but am really interested in a new electric board. DIY looks and seems interesting but I’ve read your either. If into building or riding (maybe both), but I feel like I just enjoy riding the most. Looking for the best electric board for the cost.. 1,000-1,500 would be my max I’d like to spend but don’t need to spend that much if I don’t have to. Speed is nice, but I’d like a board that goes the distance. Want something that will last and not need to be replaced after a couple years.. and preferred a long board, short long boards are not for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

2. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Jason -
    Well as you may imagine I am going to recommend Evolve. I’ve had mine, a CGT, for over three years and love the board. You will need to replace the battery at some point. The newer ones are better so that’s a plus. Its 200 or 300 above your top price but to me it’s worth it and from a market stand point they seem to be a stable company. So parts and service should be available to you in the future. If you like flex go with the Bamboo and if you prefer street I would do the 97mm wheels but you could do 107s. These boards are powerful so always wear a good helmet and gloves and a minimum. The pressure on your back foot/leg is completely different than normal skating when the power is applied and after a long ride you will feel it. Hope everything works out and let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.

g