Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Motor mount screws

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by coalmonkey, Mar 29, 2020.

Tags:
More threads by coalmonkey
  1. coalmonkey

coalmonkey Member

65801E87-55BF-4087-9D78-12E20613BA62.jpeg E4B714CC-C328-499E-81A7-E64C7C299D5F.jpeg B16AF618-BE68-422B-883F-F03E7FE87E97.jpeg

Such problems getting these baby’s off, why don’t they use good bolts
    Had to order new mounts, does any know the size of the motor mount screws so I can get better ones

2. coalmonkey
    I’ve had same problem
    be interested to know about replacement screws too...

3. SparkleE.

SparkleE. Member

I asked Evolve. The factory uses loctite sometimes. As advised, I used a soldering iron to heat the screw, then it came out normally.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    coalmonkey

coalmonkey Member

Wish I did that.

Had to drill two of them out and get two new motor mounts.

All done and working now.

5. SparkleE.

SparkleE. Member

I had to use a Dremel to cut a slot for a screwdriver, because I’d already stripped the Allen socket : )

Evolve didn’t suggest I needed to use Loctite when putting the screws back in, and I’ve not had any noticeable belt loosening in a couple months riding without loctite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mattharg

mattharg Member

Had the same problem - stripped Allen and then dremel'd a slot - still couldn't budge it though. Didn't consider using an iron. Ended up shearing it off at the motor - so now the motor is held by only 3 of them. Been OK so far.

7. DJBosinn

DJBosinn Member

What are the dimensions for the screws so I can order replacement?

8. OP
    coalmonkey

coalmonkey Member

Few people have asked with no response. I ordered new ones from evolve web site. Got 2 packs of gt bamboo screws for my gtx.
    used them on my meepo mini too