Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

In Search of Knobby Tires for 7” Evolve Hubs in 2020

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by Bryan B, Jul 19, 2020.

More threads by Bryan B
  1. Bryan B

Bryan B Member

The threads I’ve seen about MBS 7” 8” and 9” tires on Evolve boards are now a couple of years old and I’m looking for current information.

I would like to get some MBS brand knobby tires and it looks like a couple of years ago the MBS model that Evolve riders were putting on their Evolve hubs were called Vines. The Vines have been discontinued by MBS for a couple of years now and they now have models called T2 and T3.

So I’d like to get some knobby tires. And while I’m spending the money anyway, I may want to increase from the size of my current Evolve tire (7” all terrain) to an 8” or 9”. But I won’t do that if it means I am also going to have to change the gearing.

So my questions are — 1. Will MBS T2 or T3 tires fit my Evolve 7” hubs? 2. If I go 8” or 9” will I also have to buy new gearing components? 3. For dirt trail riding do the knobbier tires make a substantial difference in traction?

Thanks for your input!

2. Lukasz

Lukasz Member

Ad 1. 8" Yes, 9" needs bigger hubs
    Ad 2. 8" No, 9" needs bigger hubs
    Ad 3. Yes

You are welcome.

• Like Like x 1