Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

How to balance Evolve skateboard all terrain wheels - wheel balancing

Discussion in 'Evolve Skateboard Guides' started by shappy, Jan 8, 2017.

More threads by shappy
  1. shappy

shappy Member

FYI. here is a great link on wheel balancing. has anyone out there balanced their wheels ??

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mr smith500

Mr smith500 Member

Just finished balancing my AT wheels but instead of using the gadget in the video above I just used the front trucks, added about 10 grams to each wheel then swapped them to the back wheels and repeated, before balancing when i lifted up the board and pulled the trigger fully it read 22mph after balancing now getting 25mph and no wobble :rolleyes::thumbsup::ok_hand:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AzzDav

AzzDav Member

10g is massive, I balance car wheels and most of the time 10 - 20g is enough to get it right for the smaller 14" wheels and 35 - 40 or so on 17" depends on the tyre and brand though some tyre brands are **** to balance

4. Mr smith500

Mr smith500 Member

That's what I thought. Two of the wheels needed 10g opposite the valves and the other two needed 5g with the valve ,which I can't work out?.?.?:dizzy:

5. OP
    shappy

shappy Member

i did the same i just used my front trucks ! i found i'm getting a faster speed also and a slightly higher range. what a difference !! the amount of wobble that disappears is unreal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dronus

dronus Member

Im looking at balancing my AT wheels. So if i guy 5g and 10g adhesive weights that should be good?

7. dronus

dronus Member

Im just looking at the weights on ebay. Did you use the steel weights or the lead weights? It looks like you can only get black weights in steel. Im a bit concerned that steel weights might rust over time?

8. AzzDav

AzzDav Member

steel weights will be fine, if they rust before your tyres wear out you would riding a lot on a beach

• Like Like x 1
  9. dronus

dronus Member

Cheers, ill just order some on fleabay. The hobby shop wanted $9 per strip which was a normal strip cut in half. I can get 8 full strips for that on fleabay, not that i need 8 strips but i guess i can use the left overs on the neighbours cat.

10. alexluthor

alexluthor Member

Position your front foot on the board and place the other foot on the ground just in front of that foot. Then, use your foot to push on the concrete and move your board and body forward. Keep a low center of gravity as you push. Bend your knees and balance your body weight over the foot that is on the skateboard.