Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

how does one lock a gtx at in place when stopped on a hill ?

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by esk8fanatic, Feb 27, 2018.

More threads by esk8fanatic
  1. esk8fanatic

esk8fanatic Member

I have a meepo 1.5 and i can lock it by hitting the brake so I can stop on a hill.

On my v1 gtx remote this does nothing and the board rolls backward.

Really disappointed on this behavior !

Any suggestions or ideas ?

2. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Put your dominate foot behind a wheel. This maneuver will cause the wheel to rest against your shoe and stop the board from rolling. You can do a modified heel to toe wave to make it look interesting when stopped. Some believe that just standing with one foot on the board and another on the ground is enough but I say no. When the road slope is above 10 degrees I recommend carrying a modified wheel wedge. The nice thing about the wedge is that it can be added to your helmet for better aero dynamics which may possibly increase the range of the meepoo to 9 miles! If you add duct tape the uses for the wedge go up substantially ;-) Enjoy and ride on!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. sandwiches

sandwiches Member

Does your meepo bring you to a complete stop like a car brake when jammed on? I would be scared if there was a lock or solid braking as I usually use it at 30kmh without issue to slow down/turn corners in the city without sliding too much.