Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

How do you guys deal with winter?

Discussion in 'General Electric Skateboard Chat' started by Ghost1111, May 17, 2017.

More threads by Ghost1111
  1. Ghost1111

Ghost1111 Member

Ghost
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT, Carbon, Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Hey guys,

It's getting to that time of year again where our hands wan't to fall off.

Anyone got some tips for keeping hands warm/face I've tried gloves but the windspeed just busts right through them after 10mins or so.

2. Mat88

Mat88 Member

Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia
    mat
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    I keep my free hand in my jacket pocket, my remote hand just turns purple.
    I generally arrive to work with a sniffly nose and watering eyes haha
    Hope someone has a miracle fix ?

I would wear a balaclava.... but Im pretty sure my neighborhood is only just tolerating my riding the board in the first place.

3. David

David Member

David Herring
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    Possum Fur gloves from Z - packs.com. Back Packing equipment supplies .Are amazing for me so far, but it' s early Winter here in Texas. Got some Light Weight rain gear on order . Just water proofed my GT and GTR Carbons with Permatex Silicone and Liquid electrical tape. Should be pretty set up for the wet days now. Bicycle bell on my left index finger is helping out on bike paths. And plastic bread bag over the R2 remote secured with a rubber band up on my wrist keeps it protected in the rain. Signal works getting to board through bag. Keep on skating.

4. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gary
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    7" AT, 76 abec, currently on 97 abecs
    Map
    Ghost1111,

I do wear a Balaclava Face Mask and it fits nicely under my helmet. I use a Bell half helmet that has a gear to tighten it down. Because it gets dark sooner I just wear regular safety glasses and my helmet has a sun visor I can slide down if the sun is too intense. As for gloves I have a pair of ski gloves that came with a thinner wool type pair to go on first. I use those and bought some extra-large work gloves to slide over them. That way the gloves aren’t too bulky and I can feel the trigger. When it is super cold I put small chemical hand warmers in the gloves and they last for 4 to 6 hours, much longer than any cold weather ride. As for upper body I layer the under armor because its thin and with a good sweater no coat is needed down to the upper teens. Hope this helps and enjoy your winter rides.

Edit - I didn't see your post is actually from 2017 man was I late to the party ;-)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 4:25 PM