1. Carbon Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

High speed sudden stop!

Discussion in 'Carbon' started by Romanskate, Dec 1, 2018.

More threads by Romanskate
  1. Romanskate

Romanskate Member

I have been riding Evolve boards since their inception, I still own my Gen 1 Pintail.
    Last year I bought a Carbon GT AT, and for a good chunk of this year I have been commuting on it. The board is simply superb, it is fast, smooth, handles brilliantly, and I just love riding it.
    Two days ago on my ride home, cruising at 33kph on the bikeway (as I have done hundreds of times before)....the board just STOPPED without warning, throwing me forwards onto the cement path with great force. It scared the crap out of me, I was dazed, shocked and confused as to what had just happened.
    I have been off work since the accident as I landed heavily on my left hand and it is so swollen I cannot even pick up a cup. I also have 4 stiches to my elbow and heavy bruising on my left hip and thigh.

Was it me??
    I have recreated my riding position here to see if I hit the brake button by mistake, but that is not possible.
    Pre accident...
    The board was low on power going up my usual hill, so I stopped turned off the R2 remote and re-paired it, then the board was again at full power.
    Post accident....
    When I picked myself up the board was only a body length in front of me telling me it was either braking or had minimal acceleration.
    It was still connected and in GT mode.

I have sent the board and controller to Evolve, but the fellow on the phone said that they found it impossible to recreate the incident I speak of, this tells me that they have had this issue before.
    Unfortunately this incident has made me question my faith in Evolve.....I have trusted their boards completely, but now I am not sure if I can ever ride them again as I cannot ride with such a known threat hanging over me. Plus this fault could cause much more serious injuries or even death.