Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Hi from Bristol UK

Discussion in 'New Members - Say hello in here!' started by fozzy, Feb 13, 2018.

More threads by fozzy
  1. fozzy

fozzy Member

432FB3F3-025B-47B6-B8CA-A99FED53A28C.jpeg Hi all members , just joined this forum and hope to gain some valuable info, share views etc and hopfully meet up with some fellow boarders ,when I get my board which should be 2 maybe 3 weeks . I’ve opted for the GTX Street and will probably look at some AT wheels in the future to try some variable terrain. Bristol roads arnt the best but I’m hoping the 97’s will be pretty good if I plan my routes .
    Not sure wether to add a quick charge battery charger to the purchase ?Dont want to shorten the life of an expensive battery .
    Cheers
    Ja
    Pic is of me 69 Panel

2. sk8ter

sk8ter Member

Hi fozzy !! Welcome Aboard !! I just bought the GTX ,Also got the green Flywheels 97MM AND 107MM ABEC ,Decided "NO" on the quick charger as I don't want to shorten the life of the battery and I really don't need it I guess.
    By the way Awsome VW !!! It IS VERY COOL !!!

3. OP
    fozzy

fozzy Member

Cheers sk8ter ,tbh I'm leaning towards that way of thought ref the battery plus if I can get 20plus miles out of the battery in one full charge I can't see me needing to charge up again in the same day.
    I'd like a set of 107 Abecs but they are going to be a big to much for me to buy with the board .A later purchase I feel. I'm defiantly buying a board bumper combo kit as soon as I've got the board as it will protect th motors and nose. I've decided on black motors as I recon they are more stealth .
    How is the new remote ? Any probs ?

4. sk8ter

sk8ter Member

The new remote works perfectly and I have had no issues .It is nice ,Easy to read and fits the hand just right . I bought motor guards and front and rear nose guards from Flatland3d .I have the black motors .Not sure if I liked the gold motors .But it did not matter as they do not have the gold motors anymore. They said they are having issues with the gold motors finish

5. OP
    fozzy

fozzy Member

Hi cheers again
    Is flatland3d a uk company ?

6. sk8ter

sk8ter Member

No, They are in the USA

7. phil5764

phil5764 Member

Hi, have also just bought the GTX and it will arrive on Monday so can't wait. Have waited a long time to make my decision.
    If you are ever North Devon way and have your board, then let me know .

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    fozzy

fozzy Member

Same if you pop up to Bristol . I’m from Bude and got a 2 hour sesh over Easter down there . Took a few peeps by surprise as they hadn’t seen anything like it around there .Did put a grin on my face .

9. Turner10_6

Turner10_6 Member

Hi Mate

Just came across this forum and see your in Bristol.
    I’m looking to buy an evolve and wondered how your getting on with yours!? and wouldn’t mind taking a look and picking your brains before I buy one!!

Cheers Ali