Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Help in choosing LED lights

Discussion in 'Skate Equipment, Safety Gear & Spares' started by Wifeofaneskater, Apr 27, 2020.

More threads by Wifeofaneskater
  1. Hello!

I’m the wife of an eskater with a birthday coming up! I’d love to buy him some LED Lights to go on his board, however since he built the board himself, I don’t think the evolve strips will work.

Since I really have no clue what I’m purchasing - I’d love to know if anyone has any ideas where I could purchase some cool light strips that easily go onto a custom board?

if there are any other cool accessories (under $100) you also would love to be gifted for your eskate I’d love to hear what they are!
    TIA!

2. Doc

Doc Member

I used Monster Cable LED light strips I got at Walmart. They are made for ambience lighting to be put behind a computer monitor or tv. They were only $5-$10, are about three feet long, are self adhesive, come with a remote control and have a standard USB type power plug. Just pick up one of those cheap little keychain power banks and it is totally self contained. Put clear packing tape over them to make sure they don't come off and you're all set. At that price, I bought spares, in case I grind a curb or mess them up somehow and they have really worked out well. (And a hell of a lot cheaper than any specialty skateboard lights). Bell, Zefal, and Scwinn also make some bicycle lights (at about 20% of the cost of ShredLights) that attach right to the trucks and make excellent headlights and brake lights and can also be found at Walmart in the bike section. The LED strips are in the electronics dept.