1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

GTX w/ racestar 140kv motors going opposite ways

Discussion in 'Bamboo GTX' started by Zimmer, May 27, 2019.

1. Zimmer

Zimmer Member

Jesse Zimmer
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTX
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    Bought board from friend and one motor was faulty as well as no remote or charger with it anymore. I ordered 140kv racestars from banggood after verifying motor failure once remote and charger arrived that I ordered.

140kv took forever to arrive. I install it first day I get it with much excitement... only to get stuck at the issue of one motor goKing the correct way and the other going opposite way.

Someone said to just swap two of the three wires - any two of the three. I did that swapping yellow and red but keeping black with black. The motor at that point did not respond to any commands.

So I decide to swap all 3 wires. Can’t recall which order exactly but something like black to green, red to black, yellow to red and voila all
    Of a sudden motor begins going correct direction.

A slight issue I thought was that the motor did not activate until well after the opposite motor when pulling the throttle. The tension in the belt was almost identical so I assumed it was maybe because the slow to respond motor had its wires cut and I just had them twisted and taped to reconnect them after swapping colored wires with the esc wires.

So I’m super excited and figure I can go and give it a test ride. I go outside and take off. I ran the board up and down a hill by my house trying the brakes out and acceleration etc for my first time.

I do not even go a full miles total distance and one motor all of a sudden made a noise so I look and it had slid down causing belt to be completely loose etc. All the bolts had become loose so motor slide down motor mount. I go to grab it and BURN my hand IMMEDIATELY by trying to grab onto it. I lick a different finger and touch the other motor that did not move... it’s just slightly warm.

I believe I fried my motor :( I’m super bummed.

My question is how am I supposed to wire the 140kv racestars to make them go the correct direction and not fry like the one of mine did.

Can anyone tell me the exact way I should of had my wires connectedness in both motors to have the wheels spin correctly? Please and thank you.

TRYING to ride 97mm street btw.

2. onmyone

onmyone Member

Paul Sexton
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo One
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    When I installed my new motors they spun up in the right direction as soon as they were installed. If you have the evolve ecs it should be programmed to send them the correct directions.

3. wizeartz

wizeartz Member

Owen Booth
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    Don’t you swap any two of the three phase wires to each motor to switch the direction?

4. Josh.V

Josh.V Member

Josh Vallentine
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    I have a similar issue regarding the direction of spin. One goes the other way when mounted and connected. I can't figure out how to remedy this problem. Everyone says the phase wires but these evolve/racestar motors are wired different than anything else I've seen.. I thought the 3 big wires are only to do with the power supply..