Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

First E-Stack

Discussion in 'Bamboo GTR' started by FredNerk, Jan 4, 2022.

1. FredNerk

FredNerk Member

Well I’ve had my Evolve for about 4 weeks and I’ve just had my first e-stack!
    Was heading up a fairly decent hill and there was a massive step in the footpath.
    Well I backed off a little too far and the board stopped dead! I got 2 or 3 steps in before hitting the pavement hard! Skin off the palms but my impact shorts and knee pads did their job!
    The remote took a reasonable knock but everything seemed to work heading up the rest of the hill, It wasn’t until I had to brake that I notice as soon as I touched the brake I could no longer accelerate until I re-paired the remote. Figuring this was the brake override from the impact (It wasn’t huge but it was a knock) I recalibrated the triggers when I got home. Now nothing, it turns on, pairs up, will show the board in the version menu, but no zoom zoom!
    Anyone got any ideas I’m not looking forward to joining the folks that paid $150 for a new one

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  2. kim cheese

kim cheese Member

Maybe the major weak link of the system. The fragile R2 remote. Still waiting if ever for the Phaze or whatever they call the Hadean remote model to become available for the GTR Series. Not into esk8 enough to justify a hadean. Prefer gravity, wind, human powered over e-powered. Surfsk8, snowboard, snowsk8, powsurf, windsurf, windfoil, even just sailing have priority over esk8.

Maybe something mechanical with the trigger mechanism? It's broke. Might as well open it up and see if something inside is not right.