1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Extreme Voltage Sag and Battery Life

Discussion in 'Bamboo GT' started by NitE, Feb 2, 2017.

More threads by NitE
  1. NitE

NitE Member

I've always noticed some voltage sag when riding my Bamboo GT, but it hasn't been getting worse and worse. It has now got to the point where I am unable to ride the board in fast mode for longer than a couple of minutes before the voltage drop is too much where the board shuts off.

My board is a couple of months old, riding 2-3 km's each week day to and from work, and a couple of long trips on the weekend. Due to where I live, there is a decent hill that I must ride up, which does strain the battery, but the board has handled it so far.

I know the batteries will degrade over time, but is this normal for the batteries to sag that much that I can not ride the board in fast mode on flat ground for only a couple of minutes. Does anyone know roughly what is the expected life of the batteries used in the Bamboo GT?

2. Andy

Andy Mod

Not after just a couple of months, I used my carbon for best part of 2 years 100 miles a week on commuting alone and the range dropped from 15miles on AT wheels to 11. I would contact Evolve whilst your still in warranty and get them to take a look. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    NitE

NitE Member

Thanks. Glad this isn't the expected life of the battery. I'll contact Evolve and see what they have to say. I've already had them replace a dud motor.

4. AzzDav

AzzDav Member

I feel that mine has tonnes of power in the morning but the ride home i find my self at full throttle a lot.
    but i have been thinking maybe I'm just getting used to the Evolve now and looking for more speed and power

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  5. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

It's nothing but the internal resistance of the battery pack that causes the voltage sag. I think maybe the BGT batteries need more tags and or larger diameter return leads to reduce the resistance to current flow and thus reduce the voltage sag when the amp draw increases with load.

With time the build up of Li2O on the inside terminals of the battery increase the internal resistance until the battery can no longer hold onto any energy you put in during charging.
    This shouldn't start happening for at least 300 charges though I read today.

Charge on!

6. OP
    NitE

NitE Member

I had to ship the board back to Evolve. Sounds like they are going to replace the battery pack. Going to be a couple of weeks before it makes it back here. Looks like I'm working to work until then :(

• Interesting Interesting x 1