Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Evolve Bamboo GT 1000KM Comprehensive Review

Discussion in 'Evolve Skateboard Reviews' started by Alex, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alex

Alex Admin

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Milly

Milly Member

Hello guys, not sure if this is the correct spot for this thread or what (admin please move if necessary)

The sound isn't that great, I have a micropone coming in the post for future vids!

It's a comprehensive review of the Bamboo GT after 1000km of riding. I review a few different types of wheels and accessories along with wheel and motor bearings.

Hit the like button of you enjoyed it and fire any questions in the comments
    Again apologies for the audio..

Milly ☺

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

Ahh nice one Milly! Didn't realise it was you in the vid. Good vid! I've merged your post with the original thread :)

4. Milly

Milly Member

ahh i never realized this was on here!

Sweet! thanks for that. sorry for the sucky audio, mic soon so next one will be better!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great video Milly. This was very informative and answered some questions I had.

I do have a couple followup questions. Did you say you're using the stock bearings with your Abec 11's? Or if you got them somewhere else, can you post a link to the ones you got? Also, are you using any type of grease or lubricant on the bearings?

Also, did you end up using the aftermarket motors yet? I'm pretty curious how those are working for you if you did.

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Milly

Milly Member

Yep so far in the wheels I am using the Evolve Speedballs. They seem OK if you keep them clean. I find the best lube to use is the bones speed cream. For the lube in the motors and drive pulleys I have just used the grease that was originally in the bearing. I've checked them once or twice and the grease is still nice and clean. Admittedly the bearings are slower with grease, oil would run faster but also attracts dirt and dust more and I am personally going for longevity in those so grease is good for me ☺ I do also have some cermaic Panther blacks which are REALLLLYYYY fast for the wheels lubricated with light oil. I Will see how they go and how clean they stay! Will do a swap oit soon.

Haven't tried the aftermarket motor yet but I am planning doing so soon. When I do I will be sure to put a link into the forum. Component wise they are identical from what i can tell so even as a spare parts purchase shafts, cogs, housing, pulleys etc its a good buy
    Hopefully my mic will be Here by then so you can actually hear me haha...

7. Looking forward to it! Thanks again! I really appreciate these kinds of videos, especially as I'm pretty new to electric boards. Trying to do research is tough when most videos out there are just of some dude riding it while doing errands. This has actual performance suggestions and specific information.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Milly

Milly Member

Thanks mate. I will get a vid up with the 3rd party motors soon enough!

• Like Like x 1
  9. W.Jordan

W.Jordan Member

I'm looking forward to the vids mate, keen to see how the motors are compared to the evolve's, I'm thinking of doing this and also putting in better motor bearings

• Like Like x 2
  10. Milly

Milly Member

If i have time I will test one on the weekend, maybe just plugged in but not bolted up so i don't have to strip it down. we shall see!

• Like Like x 1
    • Cool! Cool! x 1