Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

EON Electric Skateboard Drivetrain - An affordable eboard travel solution?

Discussion in 'Unlimited Engineering Eon' started by samjadelaide, Apr 20, 2017.

More threads by samjadelaide
  1. samjadelaide

samjadelaide Member

*Prices in AUD and distance in km's: I'm Australian.

In my opinion Evolve missed a HUGE opportunity to give us an air travel compatible board with the Evolve ONE. So those of us with Evolve's continue to happily use them on the daily in our home towns (when they're working), so long as we don't have to hop on a plane. But if you're anything like me, you never want to be without an eboard ever again, no matter where you are!

So what do we need? For a travel board we need a battery not exceeding 99Wh and that battery needs to be interchangeable, because you're never going to get much more than 11-12km range out of a 99Wh battery, so you'll need two. The deck gets checked in, and you take your two batteries on as cabin luggage.

Has anyone else seen/heard of EON? Check out www.unlimited.engineering

At the moment you can get an R-spec kit (dual hub motors and two batteries) for $1266. Need a complete board? Well that's just $1333! This is a 35kph top speed and 22-24km range set-up! Choose your own deck!

One of the major pluses for this set-up is that the two batteries go on the board simultaneously - no need to change them out at the 11km range limit. So for travel purposes you have 2x 99Wh batteries, but in real terms you have a 22-24km continuous ride.

I can't seem to find any real reviews for this product yet, but I can't help but think this is the travel solution many of us have been waiting for.

Does anyone know any more about this product, or is able to read into the specs a little more and offer some technical insight?

The other player in this market in Mellow Board. Their equivalent offering (complete board with an additional battery) is $3213!!!! If you're going to pay that you may as well get an Inboard M1 imported for about a Grand less! Insane!

Curious as to other thoughts and opinions on this topic. Cheers!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. Alex

Alex Admin

Interesting, definitely looks like a Mellow style adaptation.

The skinniness of the battery setup gives it some good flexibility as to how it can be used.

Pretty impressive that they manage to get half a million in IndieGoGo funds

Last update was 3 months ago saying they'd ship in a couple of months. Should be anytime now if they're still on schedule.