Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Enertion Raptor 2 images released

Discussion in 'Enertion Boards' started by Alex, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
More threads by Alex
  1. Alex

Alex Admin

Final design apparently, looks pretty good. I'm liking the handles, they're a top idea, although could have been implemented so they look a bit better.

The battery is 360wh

upload_2017-2-1_12-47-18.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

upload_2017-2-1_12-49-40.png

• Like Like x 4
  3. AzzDav

AzzDav Member

looks clean and tidy, love the kicker and hub motors (as far as aesthetics) wonder what the specs are?

4. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

5. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

It's a heavy one at 9KG

6. wiztecy

wiztecy Member

Sucks you're stuck with a fixed rear wheel size, one of the disadvantages which steers me away from hub driven motors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

I guess it depends on what you're willing to trade for better dirt/moisture resistance gained from hub motors.

8. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

It seems lots of boards are heading in that direction at the moment. Enertion, Acton, Mellow to name a few.

9. wiztecy

wiztecy Member

I think its more of a marketing thing honestly. It loos cleaner and mimics more closely the looks of a standard skateboard and very very low maintenance. No belt replacement and no adjustments. On the flip side they're not as quick nor as efficient as a tradition belt driven motor. Jason of Enertion stated he went this way since he'd reach the power limit of the belt driven system, which the bottleneck of the power was the belt. He said the hub motors can scale in power. However the Raptor 1 and other boards like our Evolve have enough power and speed. I'd honestly like for the board to sustain that power for a longer period of time, for us on our GT it dives after the first 5-10 mins of riding due to the slope of the battery drain / voltage curve. I was stoked on the idea of hub motors for about a day or two, then found I didn't like the disadvantages so I'm sticking with a traditional belt system for some time.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  10. wiztecy

wiztecy Member

Not really true from what I found. Enertion is marketing their motors as water-proof... we'll see when that time comes if they are or not. Not sure if since he's sealing up the motor its just going to die earlier or if somehow he was able to make it run cooler. It sounded appealing having a water proof setup. However when I started looking at more hub motors, the majority of them had cooling holes like our GT motors. That's a welcome mat for the motors to pick up dirt, dust and water. Also I don't know how often you'll be replacing the bearings on these hub motors, on a traditional belt drive the belt takes up much of the shock / stress of acceleration / deceleration. Hub motors get more abuse due to their design.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

• Like Like x 1
  12. AzzDav

AzzDav Member

As Wiztecy said they are going for a clean traditional board look.
    But once you ride on AT wheels I can't see any reason why I would want these.

I too suffer greatly from dropping power after 10 mins or so of riding.

Nice range and speed though!!

13. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

Ha! Handles. Next it'll have an optional clip on strap like a man bag. Silly to include such an unnecessary feature that makes the board not look like a traditional skateboard after so much effort to make it look like one.
    I agree, belt driven AT is still king of the hill.
    I like to flog around not pretending I am on a normal skateboard. And when commuting there is plenty of room on them trains. I certainly don't need a sleek compact board to fit under my seat. My massive 46 board fits without any hassle.
    So I am yet to be convinced there is a need for a compact board with handles and non pneumatic option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

lol, you're e-boarding on cheat mode Paul. Us plebs usually run out of battery or have to carry our boards at some point, so some sort of handles are actually quite a welcome addition :p

• Agree Agree x 1