Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Evole GTR bamboo bindings

Discussion in 'Skate Equipment, Safety Gear & Spares' started by Hilldo23, Mar 13, 2021.

More threads by Hilldo23
  1. Hilldo23

Hilldo23 Member

Guys Can you recommend a set of bindings?

2. kim cheese

kim cheese Member

Maybe a set of MBS F5's.
    Questions? Why bindings? Jumping, taking drops? Could be brutal on the hardware and electronics.

Having a ~25# board attached to the body while tumbling down the road would make it difficult to tuck and roll. Tore my right MCL while cartwheeling across the water windsurfing. Front foot stuck in the strap. Rear foot ripped off the board. Board or rig bit the water and came to a stop leveraging the knee. I prefer to be totally separated from the gear in crash situations. Exception is wind foiling. Hang on to the boom for dear life. Reduces the chance of the foil from slashing you.

3. kim cheese

kim cheese Member

Less expensive option. Windsurfing straps. Only issue with the windsurfing straps would be drilling the holes for mounting. Less adjustability than the F5 system. Need to know straight off the ideal position for the straps or drill too many holes. At least for windsurfing wearing booties the feet tend to stay stuck in the straps vs. barefooted. Guessing the same wearing shoes. On the windsurf foil board I don't use full straps for the rear foot. Half hooks work fine. Designed for kiteboarding. Available from SlingShot and DaKine. Less chance of a foot being jammed stuck in the straps at the wrong time. Yet secure enough to allow chop hopping and less aggressive jumping(no inverts).

Primarily riding rough surfaces. Gravel, dirt roads. Front foot tends to slip forward. Thought about mounting a half hook strap or attaching a rigid foam block (wing foil surf hardware). Then I end up needing to do the running bailout or worse. I think even a drop deck like on the Carbon GTR would trip me up. That said. A hybrid between the Bamboo and Carbon deck would be nice. The guys at unknown boards.com in their M5 have a sweet looking bamboo deck. Like our GTRs, but with a slight drop like the Carbon.