Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Electric Skateboard Fatality/ wheel lock up

Discussion in 'Skate Equipment, Safety Gear & Spares' started by snaputi, Dec 1, 2020.

More threads by snaputi
  1. snaputi

snaputi Member

Aloha all,

My brother who has been riding electric skateboards (boosted) for over a year recently switched over to evolve GTR late last month (October 2020).
    On his second ride, he was unexpectedly thrown off his board so quickly and suddenly that he suffered brain damage so severe that he did not make it.
    He was wearing a helmet, he was on a very smooth, unobstructed road. His board was merely feet away from him when he landed. He died less than 12 hours later due to severe non-reversible brain damage.

Our family has thought of possible user versus mechanical failures that could have contributed but it seems as if a sudden wheel lock up is the most logical explanation.

For those who have experienced sudden wheel lock up or failures. Your insight and thoughts on to what may have happened would be very much appreciated!

He was 39 years old and just retired from the US military not even a year prior. Our family's heart is in pieces and some logical explanation would help bring some peace to this very unfortunate event.

We would also want to use this event to bring awareness on the importance of safety on these boards. Ride and enjoy it to its fullest but please protect yourselves to the fullest.

Mahalo!

• Like Like x 1
  2. julian07

julian07 Member

That is so terrible to hear, sorry for your loss.

Have you taken this further with the manufacturer or the distributer in US? I have experienced the same issue with my board that lead to a serious injury - and Evolve continue to deny any issue with their product - my board was also a GTR.

• Like Like x 1