Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Does anyone know the dimensions for the grub screw that holds the gear in place?

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by Jinvy, Jul 13, 2017.

More threads by Jinvy
  1. Jinvy

Jinvy Member

Hello,

Does anyone know the size of the grub screw that goes on the motor shaft to hold the gear in place? Here is a picure

http://i.imgur.com/fBe9pUh.jpg

Thank you

2. Boardgasm

Boardgasm Member

The stock motor cog uses a 1.5mm grub screw, but I can't guarantee that the aftermarket cog you're trying to install uses the same size grub screw.

Although it doesn't have that specific information included, this Google doc created by another member of this site (sorry I forgot who) is an excellent resource for information regarding Evolve parts:

Good Luck!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Jinvy

Jinvy Member

Hey thanks Boardgasm. The cogs/gear/motor pulley (the thing that goes on the end of the motor shaft), I never know what to call it. They were the correct ones that go on it. I couldn't find any grub screws, so all I did was seal it with a bunch of loctite I bought at Home Depot, and it works perfectly fine. Also got a second BGT a few days ago, so now if I ever have any problems, I should always be up and riding if one is down for maintenence. I'm gonna save that spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Edit: Actually can you send that link to the spreadsheet to me if that's ok? I can't seem to be able to save/open it

4. Squaff

Squaff Member

Not the correct info..
    For the screws that hold the battery and deck is not m4 but m5 countersunk hex head