Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

CycloPark All Terrain Track 1 - Racing & Time Trial Thread

Discussion in 'Racing & Time Trials' started by Alex, May 1, 2017.

1. Alex

Alex Admin

This thread will be used for recording and tracking time trial and race results on the All Terrain Track 1 at CycloPark.

Track: CycloPark All Terrain Track 1

Location: CycloPark, The Tollgate, Wrotham Rd, Istead Rise, Kent DA11 7NP

Video of Track:

Description:
    This is a relatively short downhill off road stretch of BMX track.

It involves 8 medium u-turns as you make your way down the hill.

Each turn has a decent amount of side wall elevation, so you need to keep your speed up in order to maintain enough momentum to make it around.

This track is very narrow, so it doesn't leave a lot of room for error.

It's quite a rough track with it's fair share of larger rocks and long grass to keep you on your toes, particularly on the edges if you veer away from the centre. This means the track requires strong concentration and focus the entire way down.

Results:

Click for direct Google Drive link in case the spreadsheet embed below fails for any reason.

We'll aim to keep recording scores for each track at all events and add the results to some form of tracker, whether it's a spreadsheet or web app.

For now we're using google sheets, if anyone knows of any good 3rd party systems for keeping track of results like this then let me know.

The idea is we'll be able to create threads/entries in the system for various tracks around the world and record the times at each event so you can effectively compete against other riders over the course of a season even if you can't make it to compete on the same day.

Feel free to create your own thread for tracks near you.
    Be sure to note what board everyone uses for their lap time, whether it's an Evolve, Boosted, Trampa or anything else so that we can separate out the results for the league tables and make fair comparisons to riders on similar boards.

Upload photos, embed video, add a description and keep the first post updated with results from each time trial session.

Any ideas or suggestions for how to improve the system are welcome.

• Love Love x 2
  2. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

A few pics of the track:

IMG_7561.JPG IMG_7566.JPG IMG_7567.JPG

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

• Love Love x 2
  4. Oscar Parker

Oscar Parker Member

Got a few videos from the gopro. Frame rates not too bad so should be good for slomo aswell. I'll post the best few later today

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

Nice one, if anyone has any HQ Drone footage can you see if you managed to get an arial shot of the track?

I was thinking if we could get a decent arial photo we could overlay the course path for the part we race along using Photoshop.

• Cool! Cool! x 1
  6. Andy

Andy Mod

Love it mate nice work!! I'll get you a pic when home later as have the drone footage :punch::metal:

• Cool! Cool! x 1
  7. Eric.W

Eric.W Member

Aw man, that all terrain was harder than it looked! Lots of fun though :) Oh, and I think that's where my trusty pair of cons finally met their maker hehe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. KpH

KpH Member

Dissappointed that I missed this event - but was already due to be riding in Spain. Looks like a great day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    Alex

Alex Admin

Was a good one Kev, hopefully see you at the next one :thumbsup:

Make sure you come with all the pads you can think of, it can be rough bailing on those BMX tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

If I can just shave 4.431 seconds off my time I'll be happy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Andy

Andy Mod

Ha ha are you coming to Velodrome Olympic stadium on the 20th?

12. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Maybe...

13. Andy

Andy Mod

I hear you might be sporting a secret weapon to up your game! ;);p

14. samfox23

samfox23 Member

WOW,,hope to be part of you guys only if ladies are welcome,