Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Customize your Evolve

Discussion in 'Evolve Skateboards' started by carlosdelponte, Dec 18, 2016.

More threads by carlosdelponte
  1. I thought it would be a good idea to gather all your creations or idea in this post. So other Evolvers can see how you customized your Evolve. And to show other 'how to' change things on the board... how to apply a new grip tape of how you put on led light under your board... What the best place is to order custom grip tape for example.

I'm actually looking for a shop where I can create and order a custom grip tape. I've been playing around on the Whateverskateboards.com site (see pic), but when I wanted to place my order, I saw they charge almost $50 for shipping to Europe !! So if anyone has a site that ships to or in Europe, let me know.

Custom Griptape.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. OP
    carlosdelponte

carlosdelponte Member

Found a video on Water Transfer Printing. Evolver who pimped the trucks, hubs, ... from an Evolve Carbon Gen 2

• Love Love x 5
    • Cool! Cool! x 2
  3. Alex

Alex Admin

The results from that are pretty impressive!

upload_2016-12-22_12-6-26.png

Reminds me of the the swirling version where you use various inks instead of a transfer

4. Andy

Andy Mod

That's Kia board he was at the evolve World Cup this year so got to see it in person. Really cool!! :ok_hand: I swapped out and lent my roadies tires to him so he could get more speed on the downhill race. He is a great skater :thumbsup::punch::beers:

• Cool! Cool! x 1
  5. OP
    carlosdelponte

carlosdelponte Member

1st time trial... happy with the extra grip on the sides.

IMG_20161223_175347.jpg

IMG_20161223_175332.jpg

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Zac

Zac Member

WP_20161223_003.jpg

I added some grip tape, nothing fancy just wanted better grip

• Like Like x 4
  7. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

I got a Canadian maple deck custom made and a 16ah battery. It could be better but I can't work out how.

IMG_20161203_120717.jpg

• Love Love x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Alex

Alex Admin

Wow, that is loooooong!

Has the deck been treated with anything?
    How does it ride?

9. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

It's so good. I have been using 8 inch Trampa primo striker lately. Really Cool as it flexes over bumps and smoothes them out, it literally feels like your tail is sinking into powder snow as you carve long carves and bounce out of them. The lack of concave is really way more comfortable for your feet for long rides. I have proven you literally don't need concave on an electric skateboard deck, and everyone who has tried it has agreed. The range and lack of voltage sag is unreal. Don't have to bother looking at battery percentage. Even when windy or hilly and going on long rides. It's not much heavier either.
    This is the future of fun Electric boarding I believe. Not short commuter boards with no range and twitchy carving.

3) Evolve Duskie Sugar maple top back.jpg

• Love Love x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Alex

Alex Admin

Sounds great Paul! Looks the business too.

The lack of voltage sag, is that just because the battery is so large?

16AH is nuts! I just checked and the Bamboo GT is only 6.5AH :eek:
    Couldn't find the exact figure for the Carbon.

You should put together a walkthrough video sometime to show off all the features and take us for a spin :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

The BGT is actually 7ah. I had it tested. And the CGT is listed as 10ah.

The larger the battery the longer it holds its voltage in the higher end and the less sag.

Just haven't got around to doing the instructional on the board. Just enjoying the riding.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  12. Jimstar01

Jimstar01 Member

Heye paul i really want one of them batteries for my gt bamboo can i put one on it or is it not possible and can u let me know were i can find one plz cheers mate

13. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

You'll have to get a custom battery made by a lipo battery maker. Longer deck made and modified or custom battery enclosure. I was thinking about making them available for sale but think it might be stepping on Evolves toes too much.

14. Zac

Zac Member

I would be interested in doing something similar. Evolve should be ok with you selling what is basically a major aftermarket upgrade...

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheWhizz

TheWhizz Member

We could do a private kickstarter project to get some funding and built one, test it and then start producing this for those who want to put it together theirselves.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. TheWhizz

TheWhizz Member

I love the sharp edges....kind of a stealthy look. I also think the concave will not be missed (it only collects water when it a little wet out there).

17. Zac

Zac Member

I'm in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

2) Evolve Duskie Sugar maple top front.jpg

1) Evolve Duskie Sugar maple top.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. paulfulwood

paulfulwood Member

Out for a roll after midnight. 28 degrees c. Beautiful night.

IMAG9050.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jimstar01

Jimstar01 Member

Im in