1. Bamboo Series

Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Breaks "tug" when going fast

Discussion in 'Bamboo GTX' started by moonwalker, Jul 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. moonwalker

moonwalker Member

Marius Waldal
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTX
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    This mostly happens going downhill. Especially if I have been going downhill without using the motors at all (for breaking and for traction). When I then try to break, I have to be *EXTREMELY* gentle on the break knob, bc it immediately "tugs" on the breaks. It's quite scary, as this only happens with high speeds, and it makes it difficult to keep my balance.

Is there any way I can adjust this? I'm guessing the issue is of a mechanical nature.

Thanks
    Marius

2. walterafable

walterafable Member

Walter Afable
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    There's really nothing you can do to adjust this behavior. It's a combination of factors. I get a similar sensation when trying to brake lightly while going down a hill at around 20mph (or greater). Best thing to do is to exaggerate your lean into your back foot so you can absorb the "tug" in your front leg. At the same time, get low and be aggressive with your carves to keep your wheels and trucks engaged - this will help you maintain your balance. You control the board, not the other way around. The heavy carving will also increase friction with the road to help slow you down.

3. tomofnz

tomofnz Member

Tom
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo (Gen 2), Leiftech
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map