Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Breaks go into full lock?

Discussion in 'General Electric Skateboard Chat' started by rally07sti, Aug 4, 2019.

More threads by rally07sti
  1. rally07sti

rally07sti Member

Ryan
    Map
    Hay Everyone!!! Not trying to bring up anything negative about the brand. Let me tell you I've had a chance to ride a carbon fiber GT for 2 weeks now. It has been an absolute dream and a lot of FUN!!! When reading on your foram. I ran across a thread talking about brakes going into full auto lock without drivers in put? With more research it seems like a real problem. Not just someone trying to bash evolve. The question I have, is this a real problem? Has evolved fix the problem or do the new boards have the same problem? I have also wrote evolve the same question. Which I'm sure they will deny ever happened. Lord knows if I get hurt on one of these boards I'll be out of work and my family will starve. I had so much fun but this topic really scares me away from perching one. I'm looking for your input and any information on this topic?

2. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gary
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    7" AT, 76 abec, currently on 97 abecs
    Map
    Rally07sti

I can only say that I have had my CGT for over two years and never had an issue. At this point I have replaced the battery and upgraded the remote from R1 to R2, never mind the many wheel changes. Now during the R1 remote days there was an issue with commands queuing when the remote lost connection to the board. This was a pretty big problem for some. What would occur was you are pressing buttons trying to get something to happen not realizing the commands were queuing up to then be executed when the board and remote synced back up. The R1 had the four modes for going forward but also a mode for going into reverse. Sometimes people clicked enough to que going into reverse. When the board and remote synced up it set them flying off the board appearing to “lock the brakes”. With the introduction of the R2 remote this became a non-issue, they removed reverse. I have not heard of “brakes locking up” with the R2 but this is what I know to date. As always these board are fun but they are also powerful so please wear protection and at a minimum a helmet. I ended up going from a normal skateboard helmet to a half DOT approved helmet. Partially because a police office that pulled me over on the board recommended it but also because the board really does require more than the standard skateboard in safety gear. Hope this helps and enjoy the board. Take Care.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  3. OP
    rally07sti

rally07sti Member

Ryan
    Map
    Hey thank you so much for your reply.

4. Bryan B

Bryan B Member

Bryan Bostrom
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    I’ve had my Bamboo GTR All Terrain for about a month and I’ve not had a braking issue.

5. RjodEvolve3297

RjodEvolve3297 Member

Ross
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTX
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    Never had an issue with mine either. Turner js right, have had mine for close to half a year or more.

6. Skipsey

Skipsey Member

Dylan
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GTR, Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    I was told by Evolve that even the slightest bump with the controller can make it go out of “alinement” so whenever you think you have bumped it you should reset the control to zero

7. Chopsider

Chopsider Member

Ryan christo
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Wheel Size:
    Map
    Yea I be had my cgt for 2 years , upgraded the battery, same r1 controller since I got it and never had an isssue , but after reading this thread I gonna get the r2 I think

8. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gary
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    Map
    Chopsider - I have been really happy with the R2 remote, its a smoother operating remote. I have a trigger guard on my R1 and for awhile I would take it with me but not any longer. Evolve did a good job addressing the issues with the R1 so I would be surprised if you don't like the upgrade. Enjoy

9. markm

markm Member

mark mainwaring
    Boards Owned:
    Other Electric Skateboard
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    IM HAVING A SIMILAR ISSUE I PUT THROTTLE ON TO ESCAPE oops caps on, and i get a burst of power then its as if all power goes . and the board would stop, but i re pull the trigger and its fine, but when it does this i Crap my self

10. markm

markm Member

mark mainwaring
    Boards Owned:
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    forgot to add, R2 remote updated.

11. SuitCommute

SuitCommute Member

Michael
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Map
    The R2 remote has a trigger reset function, and on more than 1 occasion, I've reset the triggers backwards.
    But otherwise, I've not had any manufacturers issues.

• Like Like x 1
  12. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gary
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    Map
    Skater people – On a side note and many posts ago I had an issue where the board and the remote (R2) didn’t sync so I started reading the posts in the forums. I read what is the “proper way” of power off your board and remote. I follow this procedure and never have any syncing, version, trigger settings or other issues. What you do is:

1. Press the power button on the board to turn off the board.

2. Press the power button on the remote and keep it depressed until you feel the remote vibrate slightly three times.

Obviously you power the board on first and then the remote to power on the board but I thought the procedure was worth sharing. Maybe I am just lucky of got a gem of a board but other than general maintenance and previously stated wheels, gears and battery changes I haven’t had any technical issue.

Enjoy your day and Skate On!

• Like Like x 1
  13. markm

markm Member

mark mainwaring
    Boards Owned:
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    turned out brake swith has now decided not to return to the off position fully, so the board thinks the brkes are on, so it cuts power, New remote sorted it, repairing my old remote as a spare but its sussed

14. markm

markm Member

mark mainwaring
    Boards Owned:
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    M HAVING A SIMILAR ISSUE I PUT THROTTLE ON TO ESCAPE oops caps on, and i get a burst of power then its as if all power goes . and the board would stop, but i re pull the trigger and its fine, but when it does this i Crap my self see above for fix