Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Breaks go into full lock?

Discussion in 'General Electric Skateboard Chat' started by rally07sti, Aug 4, 2019.

More threads by rally07sti
  1. rally07sti

rally07sti Member

Ryan
    Map
    Hay Everyone!!! Not trying to bring up anything negative about the brand. Let me tell you I've had a chance to ride a carbon fiber GT for 2 weeks now. It has been an absolute dream and a lot of FUN!!! When reading on your foram. I ran across a thread talking about brakes going into full auto lock without drivers in put? With more research it seems like a real problem. Not just someone trying to bash evolve. The question I have, is this a real problem? Has evolved fix the problem or do the new boards have the same problem? I have also wrote evolve the same question. Which I'm sure they will deny ever happened. Lord knows if I get hurt on one of these boards I'll be out of work and my family will starve. I had so much fun but this topic really scares me away from perching one. I'm looking for your input and any information on this topic?

2. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gary
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street & AT
    Wheel Size:
    7" AT, 76 abec, currently on 97 abecs
    Map
    Rally07sti

I can only say that I have had my CGT for over two years and never had an issue. At this point I have replaced the battery and upgraded the remote from R1 to R2, never mind the many wheel changes. Now during the R1 remote days there was an issue with commands queuing when the remote lost connection to the board. This was a pretty big problem for some. What would occur was you are pressing buttons trying to get something to happen not realizing the commands were queuing up to then be executed when the board and remote synced back up. The R1 had the four modes for going forward but also a mode for going into reverse. Sometimes people clicked enough to que going into reverse. When the board and remote synced up it set them flying off the board appearing to “lock the brakes”. With the introduction of the R2 remote this became a non-issue, they removed reverse. I have not heard of “brakes locking up” with the R2 but this is what I know to date. As always these board are fun but they are also powerful so please wear protection and at a minimum a helmet. I ended up going from a normal skateboard helmet to a half DOT approved helmet. Partially because a police office that pulled me over on the board recommended it but also because the board really does require more than the standard skateboard in safety gear. Hope this helps and enjoy the board. Take Care.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  3. OP
    rally07sti

rally07sti Member

Ryan
    Map
    Hey thank you so much for your reply.

4. Bryan B

Bryan B Member

Bryan Bostrom
    Wheel Setup:
    All Terrain (AT)
    Map
    I’ve had my Bamboo GTR All Terrain for about a month and I’ve not had a braking issue.

5. RjodEvolve3297

RjodEvolve3297 Member

Ross
    Boards Owned:
    Bamboo GTX
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    Never had an issue with mine either. Turner js right, have had mine for close to half a year or more.