Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Board electronics damaged by constant vibration.

Discussion in 'General Electric Skateboard Chat' started by Rreas, Feb 6, 2019.

More threads by Rreas
  1. Rreas

Rreas Member

Robby reaser
    Boards Owned:
    Carbon GT
    Wheel Setup:
    Street
    Map
    My CGT after 3 months is now starting to have the stuck in safe/slow mode even after resetting the trigger values. Everyone seems to think it’s the motor controller and I also think that’s probably the issue..I feel the cause is the road vibration and the constant klack klack of side walk seams over time from the stock 83mm wheels. The only protection from this is a thin foam pad that the circuit board rests on.

The at wheels or the 107 mm wheels are prob best to prevent this..I work on mobile devices all day, every day and know what happens when these are dropped multiple times. You’ll get away with it the first 10 or so drops but maybe the 13th drop the WiFi is greyed out or you’ll get no service when you should get service etc.
    .... basically, you’ll get away with riding a evolve board with not a lot of cushion under the motor controller with small (83mm) wheels on sidewalks with seams or older road surfaces with some texture for awhile but the damage to the solder joints on the electronics inside the board will rear its ugly head sooner rather than later...for me it was 3 months. On the other hand, these wheels are perfect for the parking garage down the street where it’s smooth as ice.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1