Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Bamboo GTR — motor stutters

Discussion in 'Evolve Skateboards' started by Limp Jimmy, Jun 8, 2021.

More threads by Limp Jimmy
  1. Limp Jimmy

Limp Jimmy Member

Hey all, my newish GTRB sometimes mildly stutters under load going at near top speed... it's not braking as such, but seems to stutter a little (acceleration drops a little)... any ideas how to fix? It's only happened a few times while on full trigger.

TIA

IMG_20210520_081403~2.jpg

2. Kaup30

Kaup30 Member

Unplug, and reconnect motors. These motor connections are really sensitive, odd noises or weird function usually is result of loose connection.

3. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

... and recalibrate the remote ...

4. OP
    Limp Jimmy

Limp Jimmy Member

Thanks all,

I recalibrated the remote already, will check the connection too — but it feels like classic brushless motor clogging (not stopping, not braking, just a little less power at full trigger with that 'clogging' noise).... it kinda 'hesitates'.

I feel like if it was a dodgy connection it might do that at random times, maybe associated with big vibrations or so, but this only happens every now and again, generally on smooth surfaces but always at near top speed and with full acceleration.

It's only happened about 5-6 times in about 800km so far. It's a bit disconcerting and undermines the confidence a tad.

IMG_20210515_090402~2.jpg