Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

Evolve Suggestion Adding another battery to a carbon GT?

Discussion in 'Evolve Ideas & Suggestions' started by malgers, Jun 24, 2018.

More threads by malgers
  1. malgers

malgers Member

So I was had a thought. I have an old bamboo Gen 2 board that is fully functional, and a carbon GT board that I now use all the time. Instead of letting the gen 2 just get old and have no purpose, I was wondering if there was a practical way to add the batter to my carbon GT? I understand there will have to be some board modification, and that I will figure out with trial and error. What I am mainly needing to know is the electrical side of things. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Hey, Evolve malgers makes a good point! How about add on batteries, new or from old batteries. Could be great for extended range. Also being in Colorado, I tend to re-gen as much as I ride. How about a USB on the outside of the battery cover to recharge my phone and or remote?

3. npapiccio

npapiccio Member

I also have the same question. would it not be easier to add a second original evolve battery in parallel and simple 3d print the missing height of the battery cover. this would "double" the battery capacity? anyone tried this?