Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

18kmh Vibrations on Brand new Carbon GTR

Discussion in 'General Eskate Chat' started by VadimA, May 1, 2021 at 6:57 PM.

Tags:
More threads by VadimA
  1. VadimA

VadimA Member

Hi all, how are you all doing?

Today, I took my first e-skateboard Carbon GTR Street for the first ride. Pretty cool experience - I must say. Much to learn and I look forward to it very much.

However, upon reaching 17kmh, bang on 17kmh, I feel a vibration throughout the board. The vibration dissipates upon reaching 19/20kmh. Only at speeds in this range [17-19/20]. Battery charge was around 30%. Tightened all bolts and took out again just now. No change - the same at 17kmh. I think it also happens when I accelerate, if I let go and just cruise at speed 17-19kmh, no vibrations. Otherwise no complaints. Majestic ride.

Could the drive belts or bearings be the problem. Or such vibrations is something of a normal? Any ideas anyone?

Ps. I haven’t charged the board not once yet. Just took out of the box and went for a ride. Don’t know if it is relevant...

thank you very much in advance.

2. kim cheese

kim cheese Member

Have you "bench" tested the board. Just to make sure it is the drive end vs. front truck. Jack up the rear of the board on the work bench and run the board from 0 to 20kmh. You might be able to visualize the source of the vibration.

Riding the Bamboo GTR AT. On the bench there is a vibration that sets in at ~20kmh and gets worst with increasing speed. Cannot see, tell which side or if both drives are vibrating. Don't notice even on very smooth black top surfaces. Have two sets of AT wheels. One with off-road and one with street AT tires. Same with both. Testing new RipTide WFB bushings. Same vibration. Next thing to do will be rotate the wheels. If necessary the last thing to do will be flip-flop drive gears and belts.