Join to the community in order to comment, like, post images, videos and create threads.

:)

107 mm wheels abec superbly greens: do we need to shave off the inside for belt clearance?

Discussion in 'General Electric Skateboard Chat' started by Jedi, Sep 13, 2018.

More threads by Jedi
  1. Jedi

Jedi Member

i have a carbon gt and was wonder if the abec11 107 green wheels have to shave or cut a little to make room for the belt?

2. BigAl

BigAl Member

I shaved the top outside of mine (so the corners on the inside of the wheel) so they would not rub on the belt covers. But they do not come near the belts at all, so you could also modify the covers.
    To shave the wheels I used a mens razor (mac 3 or something), put the wheels on the board with 3 spacers on the inside and just spun the motor while holding the razor against the inside edge of the wheel. This gave me a pretty consistent finish and did not take to long. It did make a lot of mess though :)

3. OP
    Jedi

Jedi Member

Thx

4. xrayturner

xrayturner Member

Gentlemen – I don’t run the 107 but wanted to throw this out there. When I first started using my CGT I used the belt covers, I even shaved the covers so my green 97s would not rub against them. After picking up a few twigs here and there I stopped using them altogether. While I get the purpose of having them I find more benefit to not using them. My point really is if the 107s are only rubbing the covers you might want to try a few rides without the covers before shaving the wheels. Just a thought but either way enjoy the ride.

Take Care, Gary

• Like Like x 1